In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1servicio de teletipo masculino
- Forty-one is the mean age for newspaper and wire service reporters, forty-eight for those in television journalism.
- He's both a religious leader and a media mogul, owning both the Washington Times newspaper and the wire service United Press International.
- Here's the thing: as a wire service reporter, I am often called upon to dredge up a contact with whom I haven't spoken in a long time.
- Every wire service and news channel is reporting a different story.
- Sitting on the grass after one of the press conferences, a reporter from the Reuters wire service hurriedly started to organize his dispatch for the day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.