In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1glicina femeninoglicinia femeninoflor de la pluma femenino Chile
- First, he planted a Japanese wisteria at the base of each pole.
- It is also a vigorous climber that can grow in sun or shade, although as with the wisteria it flowers best in full sun.
- She plants tender climbing vines such as wisteria and sweet peas so they can cling to the warm stone walls.
- The large pendulous flower clusters of the wisteria vine are quite appealing to butterflies in late spring.
- Even though Japanese principles and classic flowering trees and shrubs such as wisterias, magnolias and flowering cherries have been used, everything has been sourced locally.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.