In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caza de brujas femenino
- Most coverage of his problems portrays the computer scientist as the victim of a political witch-hunt, and so misses the real story, which is about his links to terrorism.
- The most famous question of the anti-communist witch-hunts in America was ‘Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?’
- This was the basis on which the Cold War witch-hunt was launched inside the US.
- Elderly paediatricians and pathologists fear that they are becoming the victims of a witch-hunt.
- She was speaking about the recent anti-paedophilia campaign in this country and mob-ruled witch-hunts in Portsmouth over the weekend.
- She has portrayed herself as a victim of a witch-hunt by power-mad officials who would use circumstantial evidence to ruin her reputation and career.
- The item accepted Hayward entirely on his own terms as the victim of a merciless witch-hunt.
- However, during the McCarthy-era anti-communist witch-hunts he was once again named as a risk to national security by an informer who described him as ‘an active and fanatical Stalinist’.
- The U.S. Congress, led by Senator Joseph McCarthy and the House Committee on Un-American Activities, conducted witch-hunts in search of Communist sympathizers.
- The problem is that what originally started out as a health campaign, has more or less turned into a witch-hunt in Norway.
- The film is about a Hollywood screenwriter who is blacklisted as part of an anti-Communist witch-hunt.
- Gogo said the investigations should not be viewed as a witch-hunt to remove councillors before the municipal elections.
- After World War Two Claudia, along with thousands of other US radicals, fell foul of the anti-Communist witch-hunt.
- He was among the earliest figures to publicly confront Senator Joseph McCarthy's witch-hunt.
- I was looking at the FBI files and saw that my mother had written protesting the government's witch-hunt of the labor unions.
- He claimed he was the victim of a witch-hunt by fellow officers who said he actively sought complaints against him.
- In the early Cold War Era, amid anti-Communist witch-hunts and nuclear threats, most American humorists followed the safe path of presenting apolitical consensus-oriented material.
- President Putin tried to redress the balance by warning against ethnic witch-hunts.
- Her release has been carefully planned to avoid a tabloid witch-hunt and to reduce the possibility she may be threatened or attacked.
- However, he had outspoken left-wing political sympathies and at the time of the anti-Communist witch-hunts in the 1940s and 1950s he was dogged by various investigating committees.
- Kinsey's first major work on sexuality appeared during the first years of the Cold War, on the eve of the McCarthyite witch-hunts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.