In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campo de trabajo masculino
- The volunteers are working on a 1.8 kilometre part of the route at a work camp near Cricklade, which is organised by sustainable transport charity Sustrans.
- The two-week work camp also involved learning practical living skills and habits like bodily hygiene and social rules, Tolchard said.
- My stay there consisted of hanging out with the locals, volunteering in a turtle work camp, napping on a hammock and having a load of super curious, friendly and sweaty kids hanging on my limbs.
- Ultimately, they must be inviting communities, not just rough work camps.
- Someone who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty is needed to organise work camps for the Waterway Recovery Group, which undertakes restoration work and keeps the canals free from choking weeds.
- She told them to pretend to be orphans, to join a work camp and hide their past.
- Some of the works that volunteers in work camps do are construction, painting and tree planting among others.
- This is done through local and international youth study and work camp.
- From our base in a permanent U.S. Forest Service work camp, we'll repair and maintain multi-use trails and do other projects as needed.
- They will set up their easels and work camps on the City's streets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.