In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1obra de arte femenino
- Imagine denouncing a work of art for the political views of its creator.
- It's a work of art appealing directly to the wallets of those who can afford the £60,000 price tag.
- Incredible works of art, these enormous paintings are an extraordinary sight.
- These works of art will then be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- The question is, though, is this a viable way to value a work of art or any creative work?
- The archive holds some of the oldest and most precious works of art and treasure known to man.
- Each sketch is an individual work of art and represents a historically accurate reflection of a time past.
- The popular appeal of more private, intimate works of art remained strong into the beginning of the nineteenth century.
- The fine draperies and linens had been removed along with the fine works of art and small sculptures.
- The viewer is thus able to imagine the works of art in any number of contexts and arrangements.
- It is a reproduced miniature work of art with distinct aesthetic qualities.
- This gives the opportunity to all local artists to display their works of art.
- Mackenzie is incensed by wealthy patrons hiding works of art away in private collections.
- Many flawed artists have created great works of art.
- Images entered should be able to stand alone as a work of art and will be judged on their aesthetic values only.
- As such, they are prominent among the popular divinities represented in the works of art of the classical period.
- These are just some of the amazing works of art on display at the fourth year art gallery this spring in East Campus Hall.
- In their different ways the works of art on display all offer some variety of escapism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.