In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino caja de herramientasmasculino costurero
- Fine and rare items, like the pristine 19th century mother-of-pearl workbox, blonde tortoiseshell tea caddy, together with snuff boxes and Oriental ivories, will bring collectors from far and near.
- He remembered Jenny searching her workbox in vain.
- Rumil rushed out of the room as the Ruma quickly smashed the minute device with a hammer in its workbox.
- Of these, eleven are tea caddies, ranging in width from 6 1/2 to 8 3/4 inches; four are workboxes, and one smaller example is thought to have been for jewelry.
- The mother, never idle, lays her workbox aside and throws her sewing work over the arm of her chair to listen solicitously as her daughter recites a passage from the Bible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.