In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(weekday)día hábil masculinodía laborable masculinodía laboral masculinodía de trabajo masculinoallow 3 working days for the order to arrive — cuente con que el pedido tardará tres días hábiles en llegar
- We know how getting a smile first thing in the morning on a working day makes the day all the more bearable.
- Two groups suggested that the standard should be set at 10 days in total and not 10 working days.
- The weeks just melt into one another and you don't know which is a working day and which is the weekend.
- Nearly 90% of working days lost due to strikes last year were in the public sector and the recently-privatised industries.
- The number of working days lost due to sickness for police officers is continuing to fall, according to a new Greater Manchester Police report.
- On average, each was off sick for 7.69 days, adding up to 2,330 working days lost.
- To make up for the day off, Saturday December 11 is to be a working day.
- Nothing like a great weekend to prepare for the working days ahead.
- There are not many working days that can beat payday but yesterday was one of them.
- Transactions in the spot market involve currencies for immediate delivery, usually within two working days.
- The case for abolishing Bank Holidays applies even more to weekends and conventional working days.
- I would also be interested to find out how many working days are lost to the council because of alcohol problems.
- Official blocks mostly start at the first working day of the month and stay in place for a longer period of time.
- Municipal offices will open as usual throughout Buffalo City and consumers are encouraged to treat both strike days as normal working days.
- It may be issued as late as four working days before election day.
- Lunch is a vital breathing space during the working day and, these days, the options for eating at lunch-time are greater than ever.
- It provides for an initial assessment within 7 working days and a core assessment within 35 working days.
- The ministry will shorten the permit processing to less than seven working days from the current 16 days.
- You must apply for inclusion on the Supplement Register at least fourteen working days before polling day.
- They can work with the company, typically for up to 10 working days over a period of months to help them re-engineer their business along e-business lines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.