In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The students have shown great progress and success in the workroom, in our developing tree nursery and even on the football field.
- The shop has a retail area at the front and a workroom at the back, where the curtains, blinds, screens and pinboards are made.
- Later that century it was enclosed and the arches added, with a slaughterhouse and other workrooms in the basement, butchers and other shops on the ground floor.
- But because I was the girl who was sent out to do the shopping for the workrooms, I knew where to get everything.
- This remarkable facility includes classroom / workrooms, project rooms, advisory rooms, and a large common room.
- All of life in its visual form seems to be represented in this cavernous loft space, and there are even more workrooms and storage to the rear.
- There were hundreds of girls down in the workrooms; one more would hardly make a difference.
- Use 4-foot fluorescent fixtures with reflective backing and electronic ballasts for your workroom, garage, and laundry areas.
- Padded dress form torsos are a common sight at pattern companies, factory workrooms and professional design studios, but they're not a trade secret - dress forms are readily available to sewing hobbyists, too.
- On the wish list were a new kitchen, a breakfast room, a large family room with a fireplace, and a family workroom / studio.
- Most of the windows were from hallways and workrooms, though there were a few belonging to cells.
- Funds raised last year were used to build a small workroom, where four sewing machines have been installed, to give dressmaking skills to local women to provide school uniforms for the orphaned children.
- He was spending the rainy day with his drawing pad, working out future kitchens, workrooms and such.
- The centre will include a top-specification computer learning centre, gym, crèche, restaurant, conference room, library, employment centre and workrooms.
- There is a glass door in this corridor which lets in light and has been designed to connect with a future bedroom built above the workroom.
- Today her workroom, or ‘nest’ as she refers to it, is overflowing with designs, feathers and boxes full of orders from as far afield as the US and top London hat designer Peter Bettley.
- It happens in cellars and garages and makeshift workrooms, and it mainly involves a lot of hard work.
- I can stay in my workroom for 15 hours without eating or sleeping, all my spirit is focused on painting.
- There is also a substantial pantry, wine cellar, a boiler room, a room for storing solid fuel and some workrooms, all at basement level.
- I took another step, this time passing the border of the hallway and the workroom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.