In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1semana laborable femeninosemana de trabajo femenino
- In this very tight job market, more and more employers are agreeing to reduced hour workweeks and more flexible work schedules.
- Average manufacturing overtime increased in November to 4.4 hours and the workweek to 40.8 hours.
- When others are putting in 60-hour workweeks, these clever souls have found ways to get out of the office early and often.
- However, a campaign promise to further reduce the workweek to 35 hours was never implemented.
- Workers, many of them immigrants, say they received only $75 in wages for 60-and 70-hour workweeks.
- Even those at the top were not immune to the stress created by 70-hour workweeks.
- She was enjoying the life she had and had no interest in going back to 55-hour workweeks.
- The small print on one flier noted that a one-year contract was based on a six-day workweek, 12 hours per day.
- Thus, it was not uncommon for me to work consecutive 60-hour workweeks.
- South Korea is one of the world's only industrialized nations to still have a six-day workweek.
- And Murphy, who typically puts in 80-to 100-hour workweeks, says more spin-offs are in the works.
- German Railways, similarly, plans to increase its standard workweek from 38 hours to 42.
- I've been doing more of this lately - the workweek now starts Saturday evening and goes straight through to Friday morning.
- Although he also likes to fish, camp and play softball, finding time in a six-day workweek to do any of that is a real challenge.
- Previously, a special permit was required if the mandatory workweek exceeded 48 hours.
- Think of all you do before you figure the hours of your workweek.
- The average workweek shrank to 36.6 hours from 36.7 in June.
- ‘You hear about chefs putting in 80-hour workweeks,’ he says.
- This could mean more flexible schedules, a compressed workweek or a part-time working schedule.
- The state of Bavaria has extended the workweek to 42 hours from 40.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.