In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1telaraña mundial femenino
- Here is another fine Q&A from Richard Ishida of the World Wide Web Consortium Internationalization Group.
- The General Markup Language begat the Standard General Markup Language that begat the HyperText Markup Language that made possible the World Wide Web.
- Are you intimidated by such terms as Download, Hyperlink, Online, Homepage, World Wide Web?
- The NACTA Web Page Committee shall manage the NACTA Home Page on the World Wide Web.
- The National Audubon Society Field Guides are now available on the World Wide Web at eNature.com.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.