In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reloj (de) pulsera masculino
- Timepieces tracked included staff wristwatches and beepers, wall clocks, bedside and central patient monitors, workstation computers, and clocks on videocassette recorders.
- Physicians favored wristwatches over wall clocks for routine situations, but reversed their preference for emergencies.
- If you are unable to see the clocks due to poor vision, use a digital wristwatch or a smaller pace clock that can be placed at the end of your lane.
- Paul tells me all times recorded for the brewing process are taken from the clock, not our wristwatches.
- The physician uses a stopwatch or a wristwatch with a second hand to time this activity.
- Remember, your digital wristwatch probably has more computing power than those of the space explorers combined!
- Driving the route at a steady speed and recording the time on a digital stopwatch (as most digital wristwatches have) leaves a simple calculation to get the speed.
- For one thing, there are wristwatches, cell phones, digital diaries and calculators that most people carry with them, that have to be protected from rainwater.
- Since humans are quite good at telling time, the numbers are often missing from commercial wristwatches, and some wristwatches do not even have markings for each hour.
- He was using a wristwatch with a digital camera function.
- She touched a button on her wristwatch starting a countdown timer.
- They corrected deviations of internal clocks by comparison with radio controlled wristwatches.
- Missy glanced at her wristwatch with diamonds outlining the round, white gold face and the snakeskin band.
- Their quartz clock was a very large device as compared with today's quartz wristwatches which also use microchip and liquid crystal display technology.
- I started collecting vintage watches ever since my grandfather gave me one of his Hamilton vintage wristwatches for my 18th birthday.
- Until electronics went high-tech, recreational divers had to calculate their dive and decompression times with wristwatches and universal charts usually designed for military divers.
- In our personal lives, timings are crucial also: our lives are run by wristwatches, alarm clocks, the beep-beep-beep of reminders on mobile phones.
- For example, an organized group counterfeiting high-end wristwatches often has the knockoff faces manufactured in one country, the bands in another and the moving parts in a third.
- When it came time for the sermon, he watched the minister take off his wristwatch and place it on the pulpit.
- Casio wants to go one better by putting an MP3 player and a digital camera in a wristwatch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.