In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is sufficient that the defendant knew all the facts which made it wrongful for him to participate in the way in which he did.
- On each, the defendant had urged that he take legal advice in connection with his complaint of wrongful eviction.
- Not all wrongful acts are criminal, and not all acts which are not criminal are innocent.
- Is it not the common law that a citizen is entitled to use self-defence in the case of wrongful arrest?
- The claimant brought an action for wrongful arrest and false imprisonment.
- I can understand how wrongful reception or rejection of evidence can affect a verdict.
- Similarly, and underpayment of salary in lieu of notice would constitute a wrongful termination and have the same effect.
- He also claimed damages for wrongful dismissal, mental distress and punitive damages.
- Rather this issue would lie at the very heart of the claim for wrongful, as opposed to unfair, dismissal.
- As a result, the defendants deny that the plaintiff is entitled to damages for wrongful dismissal.
- She was released without charge, and sought damages for wrongful arrest and false imprisonment.
- In all cases the primary question is one of fact: did the wrongful act cause the injury?
- First, compensation can only be appropriate where the damage has been caused by the wrongful act.
- It used to be impossible to prove that the legal system produces wrongful convictions.
- The plaintiff's case was for wrongful arrest upon a breach of peace.
- In addition, the persuasion of the employees to leave was pleaded as wrongful inducement of breach of contract.
- The cause of action against the police was malicious prosecution and wrongful imprisonment.
- In the passage cited above he referred to the defendant's asking the court to sanction his committing a wrongful act.
- Such behavior is cruel and wrongful according not only to the law, but to common sense.
- It is clear law that tax paid after a wrongful demand may be recovered back by the taxpayer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.