1cromosoma Y masculino
- If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.
- Genes in the second group are expressed exclusively in testes and form gene families on the Y chromosome.
- Bone marrow derived cells were identified by the presence of the Y chromosome, ordinarily found only in males.
- This is particularly so for sheltered chromosomes without recombination such as the Y chromosome in mammals.
- Evidence for concerted evolution of repeated sequences on the human Y chromosome has recently been presented.