In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cromosoma Y masculino
- If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.
- Genes in the second group are expressed exclusively in testes and form gene families on the Y chromosome.
- Bone marrow derived cells were identified by the presence of the Y chromosome, ordinarily found only in males.
- This is particularly so for sheltered chromosomes without recombination such as the Y chromosome in mammals.
- Evidence for concerted evolution of repeated sequences on the human Y chromosome has recently been presented.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.