In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Equitación(potro de carreras de entre uno y dos años) yearling femenino
- The sale includes 110 broodmares and an undisclosed number of yearlings, foals, and stallion interests.
- Stakes-placed winner Aggie Southpaw, a nine-year-old son of Forty Niner, has sired ten foals of racing age and six yearlings.
- The second most expensive yearling on the day was an Indian Charlie colt out of the Dawn Quixote mare Caliente Lace.
- Red Storm Stable went to $78,000 for a dark bay or brown colt by the son of Storm Cat whose first foals are yearlings this year, out of On With The Music.
- Killed in the fire were four horses that were being laid up from the racetrack, two yearlings, and one weanling.
- He has 14 yearlings, according to Jockey Club records.
- The final day will feature mostly yearlings and horses of racing age.
- Renamed Country Life Nursery at Merryland Farm, the facility will be used for mares, foals, and yearlings.
- Her last foal is a yearling by Atticus named Artist's Dream.
- Second highest priced yearling of the session was a daughter of For Really purchased by El Ojo de Agua Racing Stables for $34,000.
- Currently there are six divisions of Three Chimneys, four of which are devoted to mares and foals, one to yearlings, and one to the farm's 12 stallions.
- Smith exerted his influence on South African bloodstock by importing quality yearlings and top stallions from New Zealand.
- Standing for $15,000 this year, Benny the Dip's first foals are yearlings this year.
- Secreniner's first foals are yearlings of 2002.
- The second-highest price for a yearling in Goff's history came when Kilcarn Stud sole a stallion for £2 million.
- Cassidy currently has an ownership interest in 28 horses, which includes broodmares, weanlings, and yearlings and horses in training.
- From three crops, Moving Shoulder has eleven foals of racing age, eight yearlings, and three weanlings.
- Peeples also purchased the second highest-priced yearling of the day when he bid $57,000 for a chestnut colt from the first crop of Just a Cat.
- Despite the drops, Tuesday's session did produce the sale's probable top-priced colt and filly, two of eight seven-figure yearlings sold on the day.
- The structure that was destroyed was a barn used for foaling mares and prepping yearlings.
2Zoologíaanimal de un año masculinoañojo masculino España
- He sells heifers as yearlings, finishes the bullocks and also has 20 ewes.
- Erickson et al. conducted two feeding trials to evaluate the P requirements of steers brought into the feedlot as yearlings or calves.
- L. J. Express has sired three foals in one crop of racing age and has two yearlings in his second crop.
- Named after the famous explorer, Tom Crean the ram is a fine animal, a good scotch yearling bred by a Dingle sheep farmer who has a reputationn for producing hardy sheep.
- To successfully graze and grow yearlings, a combination of very high quality winter and summer grasses must be available.
- The yearlings are developed at his farm in Fenloe, Co Clare.
- He mates them to a Charolais bull and keeps the calves until they are yearlings.
- I can't throw my lambs on pasture and sell them as long yearlings next year.
- In one of several grazing studies, yearlings on improved bermudagrass/ryegrass pasture grew at a moderate rate.
- An Orkney farmer scooped one of the prizes at the prestigious Black Beauty Bonanza show of Aberdeen-Angus calves and yearlings, in Aberdeenshire, on Saturday.
- ‘We got curious after the reports,’ says Davis, who's seen new lambs, yearlings and ewes within the herd.
- Almost all rams were first caught as lambs or yearlings; those caught as adults were aged by counting the horn annuli.
- The animals were classified as yearlings, 2-yr-olds, or mature bulls.
- Weight gains of yearlings typically average 1.5 to 2.5 lb/day during the growing season.
- Send yearlings to the feedlot early and curtail replacement heifer production for a year.
- The animals included seven yearlings which an RSPCA vet said were emaciated and suffering from malnutrition.
- Other yearlings grazing very high quality pastures with no supplemental feed are able to meet their lysine requirement and achieve moderate growth.
- Overall, he counted at least 34 new lambs and 25 yearlings.
- At Ennis Mart, 600 yearlings and 400 calves met a very strong trade.
- Compared with the HPS, more weaned heifers and fewer bred yearlings were sold when heifer development costs were increased.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.