In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Shakta yogis seek to awaken the sleeping Goddess Kundalini and unite her with Lord Shiva in the Sahasrara Chakra.
- They have been worn by yogis and rishis down the ages.
- The sued yogis point out that yoga is a 5,000 year old tradition, and find it hard to understand how you can copyright a ‘pose’.
- In 2000, he interviewed several of the veteran yogis.
- At the age of eighteen, he came under the guidance of the great yogi, Bhagwan Chandra Mauliji.
- She ignores the great Hindu yogis and gurus and does not discuss the Hindu Philosophy of the universe or higher states of consciousness, which she does not give any validity to.
- I am an American yogi and a devotee of of many Hindu Deities.
- I am certainly not claiming to be Tibetan, a monk or a yogi in any shape or form, but yoga does seem to suit me.
- In the first he saw a yogi, in lotus posture, deep in meditation.
- It was an occasion for all of the sadhus and yogis to be in one place so that seekers could find them.
- Descended from a long line of respected yogis in Yoga Vedanta philosophy, Swamiji was born in Rajasthan in Northwestern India where he has established a school and other social welfare facilities.
- I know that hard-core yogis believe that yoga is more than exercise or a relaxation technique.
- You might look at a yogi performing an asana and think they are perfectly still.
- The second mantra is intended for serious yogis and transcendentalists.
- You can be a yogi or a monk or a nun, but without God's grace you still can't make it.
- These are not fringe views shared only by hardcore Hindu yogis.
- The images depict, for the most part, dedicated yogis and yoginis who have devoted their lives to using the body as a vehicle for personal transformation.
- It also happens to be the powerful physical method that gave Madonna her full body-sculpture look and put Geri Halliwell back into a tiny black bikini; Ashtanga yogis have fantastic bodies.
- Each December, the guru leaves his Manhattan studio to run a seven-Day Miami beach yoga intensive for yogis of all levels.
- You have probably seen drawings of yogis sitting in lotus position with their many-petaled chakras depicted in various colors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.