In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aquelaquella(plural) aquellos(plural) aquellas
- It's with optimistic bravado that I approach yon quivering mountain.
- Give us a lick of yon jam.
- Maybe he'll write a sequel to yon film.
- What is the purpose of yon barrel?
- Seems yon vicar changed the water authority into a distillery overnight, producing the best-ever vintage to flow out of Chateau Accrington.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.