In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(que ha cometido un delito) menor femenino
- Mr Leigh also said the board needed to examine why the proportion of young offenders given jail sentences varied significantly across England and Wales.
- There are now 50 young people being sent to young offenders institutes each month as a result of ASBOs, compared to three a month two years ago.
- They set up reform schools for persistent young offenders.
- The scheme was devised by police and Bolton Youth Offending Team to help young offenders between the ages of 10 and 17 curb crime.
- It is obviously desirable that, where appropriate, young offenders should not be tried before the Crown Court unless this is clearly necessary.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.