In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1club de jóvenes masculino
- The trip has been organised in conjunction with a youth club in Harsun, Germany.
- The youth club catered for various activities like music, dance drama and poetry.
- Plans are being finalised for the opening of the youth club in the old school.
- That means the decent young people lose their youth club and the thugs win the day.
- There is a youth club, summer camp and Halloween disco run in conjunction with the community hall.
- The village opened its first youth club last summer and since then vandalism has not been a problem.
- We don't need a leisure centre, a youth club or a swimming pool, we demand it.
- Another £50,000 would be allocated to build a new youth centre and skate park in the town.
- Instead the pub will be transformed into a youth club with direct input from the young people themselves.
- A group of teenagers in Westbury have vowed to secure a skate park for their youth centre despite recent setbacks.
- The only provision was a youth club which ran two nights a week at Oaken Grove School.
- The more leaders the more young people will be able to get involved in the youth club.
- She said the centre, which is run by volunteers, does a lot for young people in the village including running a youth club.
- Members of Great Bardfield Parish Council and the organisers of the village youth club are now counting the cost of the arson.
- The studio has been funded by a grant secured by young people who attend the youth centre each week.
- The youth club on Ryelands Park said the young people wanted to collect for a bench to go outside the venue.
- A youth club set up for children in a deprived seaside resort has been closed after cruel thieves stole a haul of their equipment.
- Even when the youth centre is closed, said Coun Allen, groups of young people congregate in the shelter of its walls.
- The new priest didn't get on with young people so the youth club began to deteriorate.
- A permanent youth worker is now in place on the estate to work with youngsters and try to organise a youth club and other activities for them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.