In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Today, they are still sending production to China as the yuan and the dollar weaken.
- Revaluing the yuan could catapult China's economy past some of the world's biggest.
- The United States has urged China to allow greater flexibility in the yuan exchange rate.
- They expect Hong Kong to eventually become a testing ground for convertibility of the yuan.
- China's football giant pays a bonus of millions of yuan when the team wins an important match.
- Do you agree with the idea that the NT dollar need not rise unless the Chinese yuan also rises?
- Maybe China will allow the yuan to float by 2008 if it is able to complete its financial reforms in time.
- The government has yet to announce foreign currencies the yuan is linked to.
- Reports showed that mainland car buyers defaulted on loans of up to 100 billion yuan last year.
- The yuan is pegged to the dollar and has not kept pace with the country's expansion, so making goods even cheaper.
- Exchange rates for the rouble, the Mongolian tugrik and the Chinese yuan may be inflated on the train.
- Since the revaluation, the yuan has gained less than 0.3 percent against the dollar.
- The right conditions do not exist at the moment for China to adjust its yuan exchange rate.
- The People's Bank of China is increasing the value of the yuan by two per cent.
- During the late 1980s they had built two large fishing boats that cost half a million yuan.
- In the short term, floating the yuan will likely lead to its strengthening.
- The speculation was fanned by the yuan's rise on April 29 to its strongest in a decade.
- These pressures are also raising the cost of keeping the yuan pegged to the dollar.
- For decades, the yuan has been pegged at a low rate to the US dollar.
- The Central Bank of China recently announced changes in the exchange rate of Chinese yuan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.