In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
adjetivo & nombre
- Average Yugoslavs suddenly no longer felt safe in the streets or in their homes.
- Croatia is also a lot more expensive than a lot of the other former Yugoslav republics to live in, yet this still did not send people towards begging.
- In this poor, tiny, former Yugoslav republic, where unemployment runs at 50%, there are too many similar stories.
- Mr. Russell is currently working on a film about the great scientist of Yugoslav origin, Nikola Tesla.
- Although they caught the Yugoslavs by surprise, they were exposed somewhat when they upped a gear.
- To outsiders all Yugoslavs look much the same but that means nothing.
- Croatia is only the second former Yugoslav republic to seek membership.
- The films are the first programming to be broadcast in all six former Yugoslav republics.
- Looking at old Yugoslav science fiction is intriguing.
- The Serbs went south, and became known as the South Slavs, or Yugoslavs.
- After 1918 Croatians were listed as Yugoslavs.
- Though certainly a nationalist, he was by no means the most rightwing exponent in either Serbia or the other former Yugoslav republics.
- The 10 women involved were already Yugoslav passport holders and returned to Belgrade after only a few weeks in Manila.
- Although the Yugoslavs were a bit of an unknown quantity, we were really confident when we went into the game.
- Half of Yugoslav industry collapsed, a quarter of the workforce lost their jobs and social programmes were destroyed.
- Serbia, one of two Yugoslav republics, makes up 90 percent of Yugoslavia's population of 10 million.
- Greeks, Yugoslavs and Poles were concentrated in enclaves around the suburb.
- As the end of the 1950s approached, the Yugoslavs were operating around 150 Thunderbolts and Mosquitos as well as 400 jet fighters.
- The Yugoslav provides a vivid account of Russian gluttony.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.