In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tolerancia cero femeninocero tolerancia femeninobefore noun zero tolerance-zero tolerance policy — una política de tolerancia cero / de cero tolerancia
- Illegal parking outside schools is the next target on Witham police's zero tolerance hit list.
- Rather than build facilities, the government prefers zero tolerance and punishment.
- What happened to the patrols we were promised by the police and zero tolerance?
- Police have been cracking down in the area on prostitution creating zero tolerance zones.
- The latest edict from Murrayfield on zero tolerance for violent behaviour was also tested when a fight broke out.
- I would also like to remind our President about his speech on zero tolerance of corruption.
- First and foremost I would like to commend the head of state for his zero tolerance for waste and corruption.
- She has declared a national program of zero tolerance of violence against women.
- Let there be zero tolerance for abuse and violence against women!
- Every employer should have a written policy of zero tolerance for workplace violence.
- He said there would be zero tolerance and the police would be aggressive in dealing with unruly elements.
- The latest twist in the tale is an apparent conflict between drug abuse zero tolerance and medical applications of the drug.
- Policing is being pressured to have zero tolerance of the socially marginal and outsiders.
- The authorities talk about zero tolerance when it comes to taxi violence.
- Their zero tolerance crackdown has led to some people taking their case to court - where they lost and had to pay double.
- They are stepping up their campaign of zero tolerance to combat violence towards staff
- The Web has proven that customers have zero tolerance for fragmented lines of business.
- If we want to send out a strong message on zero tolerance of violence against women then we should start here.
- Zero tolerance for drugs means zero tolerance for absent-mindedness.
- Mrs Charity said one test for good governance in areas needing aid was zero tolerance of corruption.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.