- It's not too late to plant more bush beans, summer squash, melons, peppers, eggplants, marigolds, zinnias, gomphrena, rudbeckia, coleus and caladiums.
- Reserve some space for colorful annuals like zinnia, marigold, calendula, alyssum, and cosmos.
- But then I put in a few rows of zinnias to sell at a farmers' market, and was surprised at how well they sold.
- Sow annual flowers such as asters, cosmos, zinnias and marigolds as soon as the frost has passed and the air begins to warm up.
- A black and green garden collection of 96 plants costs £120 and includes dark dahlias, cosmos, perilla and scabiosa and green euphorbias, gladiolus and zinnia.
- Warm-season annuals such as marigolds, impatiens and zinnias are adapted to bloom even during the hottest weather.
- Sometimes I mix a few of the flowers with marigolds and zinnias for a late summertime dinner table bouquet.
- Annuals with good deer resistance include ageratum, ice plant, pincushion flower, verbena and zinnias.
- A brand new cutting garden will contain an assortment of dahlias, zinnias and petunias.
- This day we had frost, and the zinnias, dahlias, and blue ageratum died.
- On the opposite side of the pathway, zinnias and shorter varieties of sunflowers - great for cutting - grow in an informal row.
- The color scheme is rich yellow and dark red, from plants such as coreopsis, creeping zinnia, ‘Garnet’ penstemon, pineapple sage, rudbeckia, and yarrow.
- She grows low or trailing annuals like alyssum, lobelias, and petunias along the edges of the beds, with taller cosmos, poppies, and zinnias behind.
- Sow frost-tender annuals, such as sunflowers. zinnias and cosmos, when all danger of frost is past, night temperatures are in the 50s and days are warm.
- Cosmos and zinnias are good choices too; they're great for cutting, and the old-fashioned annuals attract beneficial insects.
- Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.
- To carry the container plantings through the last remaining warm days, replant them with late-summer annuals such as cosmos, marigolds, salvias, or zinnias.
- Annuals and perennials such as snapdragons, daisies, zinnias, and, of course, peonies and roses are old favorites.
- If you're really fond of vibrant colours in your garden, none dazzle brighter than zinnias.
- Sunflowers, zinnias, cosmos, chrysanthemums, even roses all bloom in the fall and make terrific bouquets.