In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pistola de fabricación casera
- He became involved in the usual high jinks of young boys: nearly jumping out of a window upon watching too much Superman on TV after being cooped up all summer long; making zip guns; hanging out with gangs.
- He faced the Hulk across a boxing ring, in the gym where a kid with a zip gun once tried to kill Jack McGee.
- McVay leads a gang of kids armed with switchblade knives and zip guns who set upon Klein on his way to rehearsal with his doo-wop group, the TeenTones.
- That's what she said anyway, by the time I was old enough to make my first zip gun I knew that temp was just another name for hooker.
- Do we get any personal defense aside from our zip guns?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.