In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grano masculinoespinilla femenino América Latinapepa femenino Venezuela coloquial
- Along the way Kevin matured from skateboarding kid to adolescence, experiencing everything from first dates to first kisses, by way of a broken voice and zits.
- His honesty, feyness and his ability to laugh at himself, (such as when he discovers a zit on his nose during the interview), contributes to his charm.
- Frequently covered in zits, freckles and pockmarks, his character's faces are detailed in their expressiveness without being overly polished.
- I hate zits, especially the one inside my eyelid.
- I found that immediately after starting this practice, my occasional chin-area zit and ingrown neck hairs almost completely stopped happening.
- We had no money, no fashion to speak of, no make-up, and zits.
- Unfortunately, there is much myth surrounding the causation of the zits.
- My skin is pretty much clear but for this one zit.
- In between Grade 8 and Grade 9 I grew a bit, had a haircut, and my zits went away.
- That expensive moisturiser has given me three heinous zits on my chin!
- Where were the black rimmed glasses, the transparently white skin, the insufferable rash of zits that should be covering his face?
- His face had so many zits on it that it looked like his skin tone was actually pink and white.
- One unwashed individual came out with a rash of zits.
- Typical teen problems like zits had not touched his flawless pale skin.
- Any younger and they're popping zits, not dreaming of being politicians.
- I look at the photo of me at sixteen with dyed black hair and a zit on my chin and think, ‘why did they let me out in public?’
- You eventually regret the day when you finally get up close to one of your idols and see that they have scars and zits and they scowl and curse at the roadies.
- It turns out that he had this big zit on his forehead and he didn't want to be on TV where everyone would see this huge zit.
- The holiday season kicks into full gear this week and I've just noticed that there is what clearly looks like the beginnings of a huge red zit on my nose.
- This only compounded matters and meant that even more zits began to creep all over her face.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.