In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guardián masculinoguardiana femenino
- For many years, zookeepers had trouble breeding the white rhinoceros.
- Often, all it takes is a controlled encounter with a live bat through a wildlife guide or zookeeper and the horror spell is permanently broken.
- For the past eight summers she volunteers for daily care and feeding at Miller Park Zoo as a zookeeper's assistant.
- Dr Clode was a zookeeper in Adelaide, did her doctorate in zoology at Oxford, and is now doing her research at the University of Melbourne.
- The zookeepers surprised the cheetahs with different odors to see which ones they enjoyed.
- I spent 10 years working as a zookeeper for the Wildlife Conservation Society - arguably the best of its kind in the world.
- Richard Joseph, a senior zookeeper and wildlife conservationist, said the exchange of animals was part of the society's thrust to promote wildlife farming locally.
- On September 9, during an examination by a team of biologists, a zookeeper and a veterinarian, the chick was found to be suffering from a blockage of the digestive track and signs of respiratory distress.
- When hostilities broke out, zookeepers fled, and the animals were left to starve, living in cages without food, water, and in some cases, access to sunlight.
- He worked as a zookeeper for the London Zoological Society, eventually becoming head keeper at the Welsh Mountain Zoo above Colwyn Bay in North Wales.
- Most historians agree the bison's primary savior was William Hornaday, a Bronx zookeeper and head of the New York Zoological Society, who helped found the American Bison Society.
- Caring for animals is not just a job… it's a very noble vocation for the dedicated zookeepers at Johannesburg Zoo.
- Now he is setting up an association for African zookeepers - the first of its kind here - that will see zookeepers share ideas about taking care of different animal species.
- Despite having ‘dabbled creatively’, her desire to work with animals led to a six-year stint as a zookeeper and sealion trainer.
- The Johannesburg Zoo acquired a breeding pair in September 2002, and zookeepers were delighted when they began to lay eggs.
- As part of its commitment to passing on skills, the Johannesburg Zoo is running a programme for learner zookeepers.
- The mother of these tiger cubs couldn't produce enough milk, so zookeepers in Hefei, China, enlisted this dog.
- Museum directors wanted to display a representative work by every great artist, zookeepers hoped to have every animal no matter how exotic, botanists every plant.
- Well, last week, the zookeeper left and all of the animals were taken out.
- For most visitors, the highlights of the trip are watching zookeepers bottle-feed the infants, and watching dozens of elephants cool off in the Maha Oya River.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.