In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jardín zoológico masculinoparque zoológico masculino
- The truth is, the lions were safely contained within the zoological gardens nearby.
- Founded in 1878, Leipzig's zoo is one of the oldest and most important zoological gardens in Europe.
- It is past three in the evening and it is the peak rush hour at the gates to the city's zoological gardens.
- One of Denmark's largest zoological gardens, Aalborg Zoo, was the first to adopt the system.
- ‘We normally sell to hotels and zoological gardens, I have never heard of a court building having them inside before,’ he said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.