In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.2(upward flight)subida abrupta femenino
2also zoom lensTelevisión Cine Fotografíateleobjetivo masculinozoom masculino
- If you have a zoom or a telephoto lens then now is the time!
- The phones boast a 1.3 megapixels camera, 8x zoom and flash.
- I look through the eyepiece and I work the zoom manually.
- For more serious work, a macro lens or a zoom with a macro feature offers superior quality.
- Use the longest lens you have (or the zoom at the highest number), and move in as close as you can to the subject.
- Apart from digital zoom, this camera even has flash - perfect for taking pictures in dim places, such as during a social gathering at a pub.
- A little more than £100 can still buy you a camera with an optical zoom and in this case, one with a 3x range.
- The little beach shows boats in a small fishing town (thanks to the zoom on my camera) called Cascara.
- Now he's eating a bologna sandwich (the zoom on this camera is really good) and drinking a Bud.
- I usually work with a wide angle zoom on one body and a telephoto zoom on another, like most photojournalists.
- It's a tri-band GPRS phone with a built-in camera offering digital zoom, self-timer and night shot.
- It's interesting to note that in recent months other manufacturers have expressed an interest in digital cameras with long zooms.
- Most models offer a digital zoom, which lets you magnify an image after it's been snapped.
- To get a whole house into the viewfinder, the usual way is to use a wide angle lens, or the zoom at its widest setting.
- He popped a cartridge in his camera and readied his zoom as the two men started their sleds.
- However there are a couple of reasons that pros would use a prime lens over a zoom.
- This will probably only have a digital zoom rather than an optical zoom and a fairly basic lens.
- To make the exposure, simply press the shutter button with one hand and slide or twist the zoom through its focal range with the other.
- Although it won't be out until the fourth quarter, it sets the bar pretty high: a 224k color screen, Memory Stick, Bluetooth and megapixel camera with 8x zoom.
- In other words, you can adjust the zoom and camera angle to be as far away or as close up as possible, and as upside down and round about as you like.
1coloquial(move fast)to zoom along/past/off — ir/pasar/salir zumbando / como un bólido coloquial
- she zoomed through her work — hizo el trabajo volando
2(climb)(aeroplane) elevarse(inflation) dispararse
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.