In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coquito del Brasil masculinecastaña de Pará feminine River Plate
- Some foods to consider include almonds, avocados, blackstrap molasses, Brazil nuts, dried figs, flounder, peanuts and wheat germ.
- Almonds, Brazils and peanuts are good for helping to build or maintain muscle mass and help protect against glaucoma, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Many natural- and gourmet-food markets also carry almond, macadamia, Brazil nut, pistachio, cashew, pumpkin seed, hazelnut and sunflower seed butters.
- Actually, only parts of it weren't, since it's got a long list of ingredients: lettuce, quail eggs, hearts of palm, xuxu, mango slices, green onions, shrimp, Brazil nuts and cashews.
- Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food for would-be slimmers keen to get cracking.
- Almonds, walnuts, cashews and Brazils are widely used in many foods.
- Nut and raisin mixes (homemade with unsalted cashews, hazelnuts, Brazils, pecans and a few chocolate chips to make it more exciting) are filling snacks.
- Other foods to stay clear of are tree nuts (such as almonds, cashews, Brazils, hazelnuts and walnuts), sesame seeds, fish, shellfish, eggs and dairy produce.
- To serve, arrange the red fingerling bananas, blackberries, raspberries, dehydrated mangoes, and Brazil nuts on a large plate.
- Tree nuts include walnuts, pecans, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, pine nuts, pistachios, and more.
- Particularly good sources of selenium include cereals and other grains, Brazil nuts, seafood, poultry, mushrooms and asparagus.
- I like all kinds of nuts - walnuts, Brazil nuts and almonds.
- So, Hartvig recommends consuming immune system boosters such as grapefruit, curly kale, avocado, Brazil nuts, echinacea and shiitake mushroom.
- Mango and Thai basil salad with star anise, red chili, and Brazil nuts offers as much exotic sunniness as one bowl can contain.
- I take no offense at spending money for walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts and the like, but the pecans tick me off.
- Its flavour has been likened to a cross between a Brazil nut and a macadamia nut.
- Switch almonds with Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Try dried apricots and almonds, dried mangoes and Brazil nuts, and dried figs and walnuts.
- For this time I had walnuts from France, Brazil nuts from the UK (originally from Bolivia, the package says), pistachios and hazelnuts from Italy, and almonds from Spain.
- What are now rich forest areas for harvesting Brazil nuts might wane into an impoverished old age unless harvesters change their ways, warns a large international group of scientists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.