In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(access) a Internet(search/auction) en Internet(account/user/address) de Internetthe Internet — (el / la) Internet
- accessible via the Internet — accesible por / a través de Internet
- to be connected to / on the Internet — estar conectado a Internet
- to buy/find sth on the Internet — comprar/encontrar algo en Internet
- Internet business — cibernegocio
- Internet conferencing — ciberconferencia
- Internet marketplace — cibermercado
- Internet phone — teléfono de Internet
- Internet pornography — pornografía por Internet
- Internet shopper — cibercomprador
- Internet shopping — compras por Internet
- Internet user — cibernauta
- There will also be better information on the Internet to attract suitable workers.
- The Judge will also permit the video testimony to be distributed via the Internet.
- The general election is hotting up and the Internet will play a big part in it.
- Whenever a user goes to a Web page on the Internet, a request for the page is sent to a server.
- It aims to help children understand the benefits of the Internet and browse safely.
- Americans may soon be able to offer a kidney or liver over the Internet if a New York senator gets his way.
- The one major problem with the Internet for such schemes is the sheer size of it.
- The site has been up for less than 2 weeks and has already caused a storm on the Internet.
- It connects to the Internet via a mobile phone, and the feature list rolls onward.
- It was a rude awakening for me when you mentioned the threat of of the Internet becoming a one way medium.
- Most mail traffic is never encrypted as it traverses its way around the Internet.
- Anyway, this sort of weirdness is what makes the Internet great, and we wish them well.
- After all, a hyperlink is merely a road marker on the Internet, and can never be unlawful.
- It will be a virtual network, living on top of the Internet, but it will grow very rapidly.
- Being able to use the Internet from anywhere in or around your house is fantastic.
- What is this decision that threatens to wipe out the Internet in one fell swoop?
- After months of dormancy a mass mailing email worm has exploded onto the Internet.
- As with any network service you should only expose it to the Internet if you need to.
- It is widely known that the Internet is used as a testing ground for stolen cards and card numbers.
- What it manifestly fails to realise is that the Internet is a huge marketing tool.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.