In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Jeep masculine trademark
- Burnley were hustled out of the ground and back to the airport with an escort of an armoured lorry and nine military jeeps.
- And there was also a display of military vehicles, including a number of jeeps and a motorcycle.
- We got there on a tourist coach from Port Said accompanied by armed police and soldiers in jeeps bristling with guns.
- Transportation elements consisted of trucks, jeeps, and armored personnel carriers.
- I knew the four-wheel-drive jeeps were the only ones that could reach the villages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.