In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Combined with silver, mercury, copper and antimony, however, gold is to be found finely distributed.
- Only a heavy metal like mercury would cause something like that.
- The wetlands dense foliage has the ability to handle heavy metals, like mercury, zinc, nickel and copper.
- Every year crematoria in Scotland belch out about 130 kg of mercury, a liquid heavy metal that attacks the nervous system and can cause brain damage.
- Inorganic mercury, a heavy metal, is highly toxic to both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.
- Generally, the water permeability mediated by these aquaporin-subtypes was sensitive to heavy metals such as mercury.
- Certain wild fish are contaminated with mercury, a heavy metal that damages your nervous system and may increase your heart attack risk.
- An avid environmentalist, she was shocked to hear that her favorite food was contaminated with the toxic heavy metal mercury, and she expressed her anger in a song.
- MT proteins regulate blood levels of metals such as copper and zinc and serve to detoxify the body of mercury and other heavy metals.
- For example, tobacco plants can absorb heavy metals, mercury, copper, and lead.
- At the end of the reactivity series are metals such as mercury, silver, and platinum.
- However, fish such as swordfish and shark are also a source of exposure to the heavy metal toxin, mercury.
- Dental alloys for making amalgams contain silver, tin, mercury, and some copper and zinc.
- Finally, vitamin C can help rid the body of heavy metal toxins, including mercury, lead, cadmium and nickel.
- Kyrgyzstan has deposits of gold, coal, bismuth, mercury, antimony, tungsten, and copper.
- After treatment, tap water " definitely had no E.Coli at all ", he said, while heavy metals such as mercury were all within safety standards.
- Selenium may have a protective effect against mercury and other heavy metal toxicities.
- I have seen the treatment in various stages, and I think that it works to rid the body of mercury and other heavy metals.
- Alarm bells have started ringing, as water samples from the marsh show the presence of the heavy metal, mercury in it.
- Also, tuna is one of the species of fish that tends to be most contaminated with the heavy metal mercury.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.