In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(letter)O masculineo feminine
2(blood group)O masculine
- For capital O, always form a C first, and then close it up.
- Little do you know, I used to be obsessed with a capital O.
- Note the graceful shape of the o and s, and the fullness of the counters.
- The leading factor in weight gain for Type Os is the gluten found in wheat germ and whole wheat products, which interferes with insulin efficiency and slow down metabolic rate.
- There are three alleles or versions of the blood type gene: A, B, and O.
- Type Os don't find dairy products and grains quite as user friendly as do most of the other blood types.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.