In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Oscar masculineto be nominated for the Oscar — ser nominado para el Oscar
- The film won two Oscars, six Golden Globes and four BAFTA awards.
- She started dancing at two and went on to win several Oscars, Golden Globes and Emmys.
- Perhaps this is why she is dismissive when her performance is talked about in terms of Golden Globes, Oscars and Baftas.
- After all, expectations would be high after garnering all 5 of the big Oscars from his last film.
- Then he started doing movies with Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg and then the Oscars started coming.
- The only two indie films to be given Oscars this year were Iris and No Man's Land.
- With two Oscars and several Golden Globe awards under his belt, he has also made a name, for himself as a major producer.
- The cinematography won't win any Oscars, but the DVD certainly does deliver some impressive visuals.
- The film was nominated for 6 Oscars, including another Best Actress for Hepburn, but only won for the glorious costumes of Edith Head.
- And without Native Americans, who would accept Oscars for Marlon Brando?
- It became the highest grossing film of all time within two months, and every cast member including the dog won Oscars at the Academy Awards.
- Czechoslovak films picked up Oscars for Best Foreign Films in both 1965 and 1966.
- It is a major contender for the Golden Globes and the Oscars.
- He now has a grand total of 40 movie scores and four Emmy awards, a Tony and three Golden Globe awards to go with his three Oscars.
- Winners of the first supporting acting Oscars originally were not given actual Oscar statuettes, but rather Academy Award plaques.
- We would like to note, however, that both Marisa Tomei and Eminem have won more Oscars than Martin Scorsese.
- Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins did not deserve their Oscars either.
- The Oscars the film did win were for Best Picture, Best Director, and for Music, Sound, and Film Editing.
- Titanic, which both won those same two Oscars for James Cameron, wasn't even nominated for its screenplay or its actors, and won neither actress award.
- The film isn't going to win any Oscars any time soon, but by God it's a great comic book movie.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.