In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(skirt/trousers) acampanado(jacket) con vuelo
- Flare pants and A-line skirts create a more balanced silhouette.
- I love the cute A-line dresses and short shift dresses.
- They would look great with A-line dresses and dark jeans.
- It will be really easy to find an A-line skirt pattern.
- Well, A-line skirts flatter me and I just love them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.