In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuerpo de elite masculine
- This was the largest number of A-teams in the field for one operation, surpassing the total number of ODAs engaged at any one time during the Vietnam War-about 85.
- Together they form a formidable A-team of masterful musicians who are so special you feel that they are capable of tilting the world on its axis.
- When the A-team members left, they took a lot of their high-tech equipment with them.
- In one incident, a U.S. Special Forces A-team, accompanied by a Canadian reconnaissance squadron, encountered a group of Somalis who had been wounded in an earlier clash.
- The so-called A-team, which directed American bombers to enemy positions, helped to unseat the enemy and made a huge contribution to the war, its commander said.
- Truth be told, though, this isn't much of an A-team.
- He has recruited an A-team from Corporate America to help pull off a radical turnaround.
- He also had a luncheon meeting with his A-team along with the executive directors.
- Due diligence was also required to get the capital needed, so Wright assigned the job to his A-team.
- The company's sense of itself was founded on an A-team working happily and fruitfully together.
- You'll meet an A-team, a very special group of special forces soldiers here doing a very difficult mission.
- At his initial meeting with the A-team squad on June 26, all but two said that they backed their senior colleagues, and they signed a letter to that effect and sent it to the board.
- So the Special Forces A-team directed a precision bomb right outside the commander's headquarters.
- Come on BBC, put the A-team behind the mikes for the men's final.
- Despite this Lee cannot get so much as a look-in at the A-team squad.
- ‘We've got our A-team out here,’ Sergeant Bradley says.
- It doesn't help that they didn't assign their A-team to this film.
- ‘The area has never been cleared,’ says Captain Don Ray, who commands the Special Forces A-team based in Kunduz.
- Star manager Michael Jordan left active duty in 1998, but he remained on the board and his A-team of managers ran the funds.
- Their own A-team has taken to the streets to help police battle crime.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.