In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
adjective & adverb
- This lays them under a necessity of speaking a posteriori, if I may be allowed the phrase.
- This paper proposes a novel probabilistic variational method with deterministic annealing for the maximum a posteriori estimation of complex stochastic systems.
- In the absence of a clear characterization of the a priori / a posteriori distinction, it is by no means obvious what is being asserted or what is being denied.
- And, as seen earlier in connection with his ‘logic’, his concepts of demonstration and proof straddle the a priori / a posteriori distinction.
- Historically the a priori / a posteriori distinction has been closely associated with that between the innate and the learned.
- This volume presents the most up-to-date information available on a posteriori error estimation for finite element approximation in mechanics and mathematics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.