In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manual desde la A a la Z masculineguía desde la A a la Z feminineA to Z of gardening — jardinería desde la A a la Z feminine
- Our Good Life package also offers a diverting vacation selection for every month of 2004, plus a sophisticated A to Z guide to living well.
- A large part of the book is an A to Z health reference guide for mother and baby, and I think that's what people seem to be using the most.
- This is where they learn all about teamwork, leadership, conflict resolution, success, survival… the A to Z of life in the corporate world.
- The campaign was launched yesterday in London with 26 NHS workers representing an A to Z of health service careers.
- Nevertheless, the guide, which attempts to provide an A to Z guide to investment, is educationally enlightening and prompts us to make informed decisions.
- Information available includes: an A to Z of services, employment details, harassment and sickness absence policies and financial services.
- To try to plug that gap, a countywide A to Z directory of drug services has been launched containing up-to-date information about all the drug services in Cumbria.
- It promises to cover the A to Z of filmmaking both behind and in front of the camera.
- It covers the A to Z of politics from both sides of every issue.
- The main section of the handbook is an easy-to-use A to Z compendium of ailments and disorders.
- There's also an A to Z of food and wine pairings, with a gazetteer, a list of UK wine merchants and vintage tables.
- Visitors can still access the popular A to Z listing of health topics, browse topics by body location/systems, or use the main Search box.
- It is a practical A to Z of classical technique, with each variation forming its own set exercise.
- The second part of the A to Z guide will be published on Sunday.
- I will be visiting Jamaica soon, so I have been doing some research about the island of my parents' birth from ‘The A to Z of Jamaican Heritage’ by Olive Senior.
- So many new members have joined that we have had to publish an A to Z of revolution, explaining, among other things, who Leon Trotsky was.
- What we need is a complete A to Z of reasons to be cheerful.
- First under the letter D in my A to Z of food is ‘daube’.
- Belatedly, I'll at least try to put together a Horticultural A to Z for you to mark one year in the blogosphere, and possibly a montage of allotment pictures from the past 12 months.
- Kind of an A to Z on riding skills and the tactics of competitive cycling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.