- It's when the breeze comes from the side, and slightly abaft of abeam, that a vessel can achieve its fastest point of sail.
- The blizzard made it impossible to see anything abaft of the bridge.
- A built-in motor bracket cuts cockpit noise and adds security in big seas from abaft.
- With six months' stores, she draws twenty-two foot nine, abaft.
- The swell was either just abaft or on the beam and at night you couldn't see it.
- Terry looked abaft himself and saw that the fearsome man had indeed gone.