In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(shortened word)abreviatura feminine
- Electronic records also contained significantly more words, abbreviations, and symbols.
- In the world of avid e-mail users, a variety of acronyms and abbreviations have developed.
- Find out what those pesky acronyms and abbreviations stand for.
- A list of abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols that should not be used also should be available.
- Acronyms or abbreviations can confuse a client who is looking for the business in a resource listing.
- This is not a legally approved abbreviation, and the story has been corrected to reflect that.
- The peso's abbreviation was p, and its plural was sometimes written as ps, and sometimes the P with a superscript s.
- These typically consist of a two-letter state abbreviation, followed by a three-letter locality and a three-digit fire number.
- Doctors and nurses worked rapidly around her speaking in clipped phrases and abbreviations.
- The glossary contains explanations of abbreviations and terms used in this pamphlet.
- That's a particularly dour abbreviation - Normal Operating Procedure - but I don't claim to have invented that one.
- A new society that turns abbreviations into memorable acronyms has run into trouble.
- There were many abbreviations, which were initially difficult to remember.
- I was trying to find out the rule about using apostrophes with acronyms or abbreviations.
- Such abbreviations have cropped up in different contexts time and again.
- Though the two abbreviations are Latin terms, they are easily translatable into English.
- Letters shown in brackets are the recognized abbreviations for each term.
- An Appendix is provided with a summary of terms and abbreviations used throughout the article.
- It's generally accepted that you can use acronyms and abbreviations without explanation, where the term is well known by the audience.
- So from now on I'll refer to the Texas Air National Guard by it's correct abbreviation, TXANG.
2(shortening of word)abreviación feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.