In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Girls with ovarian tumors may have abdominal pain and masses that can be felt in the abdomen.
- Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by recurrent episodes of abdominal pain and discomfort and disturbed bowel habits.
- She awoke one night with fierce abdominal cramping and rectal pain.
- The adverse effects of iron tablets are mainly feeling sick, abdominal pain, diarrhoea or constipation.
- The patient was a young woman who presented in a busy admissions department with abdominal pain.
- With treatment, his abdominal pain resolved and rectal bleeding ceased.
- It is a general principle of abdominal distension that one must treat the spleen.
- I once did a house call on a teenage boy with abdominal pain and nausea.
- He was taken to hospital for emergency abdominal surgery.
- I do not deny that there are patients with chronic abdominal pain and altered bowel habit that defy analysis.
- The major problem with excess abdominal fat is that it is highly associated with the development of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- The silo was progressively reduced, returning the abdominal viscera to the abdominal cavity.
- Stool collects in the child's colon and rectum and may cause abdominal pain.
- Children with recurrent abdominal pain present a difficult conundrum for doctors.
- Nausea, vomiting, chest pain, a sore throat, abdominal pain, and diarrhea then may appear.
- The most common complaint is headache, followed by recurrent abdominal pain and musculoskeletal pain.
- The weight of the abdominal viscera and adipose tissue pressed on the diaphragm, resulting in decreased chest volume.
- Family physicians frequently see patients who have abdominal pain and altered bowel habits.
- She also gives exercises for the deep abdominal muscles to stabilize the back and pelvic girdle.
- If perforation occurs in the stomach or intestines, fever and abdominal pain and tenderness may develop.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.