In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rapto masculinesecuestro masculineplagio masculine Latin America
- They were also responsible for hundreds of religious and political abductions and assassinations.
- The actual number of such abductions by strangers turned out to be 200 to 300 a year.
- On some occasions, reports of sexual assaults or abductions given to the police were simply lost.
- She helps police investigate murders, abductions, rapes and extortions.
- The abductions give militants the high-profile publicity they seek to show they are still a force to be reckoned with.
- It would be a rewarding research project to try to chart this out, most especially in the area of UFOs, alien abductions, and the like.
- Sectarian tensions had already been running high, and the abductions threaten to provoke armed conflict.
- All have denied involvement in the abduction of the 54 -year-old father of three.
- The abduction happened outside the pub, when the girls were led to a nearby car, Basildon Crown Court heard.
- In America, the current wave of reports of alien abduction bears a strong resemblance to out of body experiences.
- I have read that stranger abductions are actually on the decline in the past couple of years.
- A special law was enacted to make such abductions a capital offence, punishable by hanging.
- Everywhere you look and in everything you read you hear about child abductions and murders.
- Four men are expected to appear in the magistrate's court on Tuesday in connection with the rape and abduction of a British tourist.
- And actually, the statistics show that the number of child abductions has not gone up.
- He still wonders if the two abductions were connected in some way.
- Unlike political or terrorist acts, criminal abductions were found to largely occur without any accomplices.
- The scene is still one of bewilderment and fear as reports of abductions and murder grab the headlines.
- Child abduction is a rare enough crime and for two children to be taken by someone they don't know without signs of a struggle is stranger still.
- We've also heard of several more abductions and now assassinations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.