In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1raptor masculineraptora femininesecuestrador masculinesecuestradora feminine
- Two of the abductors were arrested and indicted on murder but at their trial they were found not guilty by an all white jury in under 2 hours.
- Relatives are begging his abductors to let them speak with him.
- A housewife who was kidnapped on Friday morning was released yesterday by her abductors.
- Chinese police are trying to determine the identity of the four abductors.
- They even voted to allow child abductors, thieves, and bomb hoaxers to remain as refugees.
- The two executives who were kidnapped last week are yet to be released by their abductors.
- The Hearst kidnapping was one of the first examples of the Stockholm Syndrome - where kidnap victims come to identify with their abductors as a means of survival.
- The father of the 16-year-old kidnap victim is appealing to her abductors to release her.
- She hadn't yet seen any other sign of life besides her abductor and her abductor's family.
- He is a murderer and a child abductor but he doesn't go on the register for that.
- According to police, the abductors made them to travel a lot.
- Detectives, who have today launched a major hunt for her abductors, say the girl made desperate attempts to stop passing cars but nobody pulled over.
- He was released by his abductors yesterday, two days after they kidnapped him and demanded a $100,000 ransom for his safe release.
- To me, he will always be a dirty thief and a ruthless abductor!
- All the abductor would need to do is toss the phone out the car window and the child would not be traceable.
- The women were raped, bought, sold and, sometimes, murdered; some ended up marrying their abductors.
- His abductors refused to accept $54,000 from his father during kidnapping negotiations last week.
- Authorities are following up on the report and have yet to determine if the abductors are pirates or terrorists.
- Among the nine US citizens missing is a man known to have been kidnapped and whose abductors have threatened to kill him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.