In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anomalía feminineanormalidad feminine
- Hannah was born with multiple abnormalities, including a heart defect, and has learning difficulties.
- Genetic factors such as parental chromosome abnormalities are a major known cause which should be looked for.
- These abnormalities are caused by defects in the genes that tell the cells how to make collagen.
- Like albinos and partial albinos, the occurrence of pale birds is the result of genetic abnormalities in both male and female.
- Fetal anomaly screening uses ultrasound scanning to find certain abnormalities in the baby.
- The most severely afflicted children may be severely deaf, suffer heart problems and kidney abnormalities.
- Some experts also say that cleft lip and palate may be a marker for a multitude of severe congenital abnormalities.
- Some have surgery for abnormalities that would never lead to invasive cancer.
- A postmortem on Mr Taylor revealed no abnormalities with his health and there were no traces of alcohol in his body.
- Several congenital abnormalities are rendered less likely by an adequate folate intake.
- The proportion of neonatal deaths attributed to major genetic or congenital abnormalities has increased.
- They can be given to patients who are suffering with heart abnormalities and taken home to record information for diagnosis.
- There are many abnormalities that may be missed by the untrained eye.
- Some boys get recurrent urinary infections without any kidney abnormalities.
- Antinori takes this as evidence that humans are less likely to suffer abnormalities than animals.
- It was also possible that drugs used to stimulate ovaries could trigger chromosomal abnormalities.
- This is because scientists look for abnormalities in chromosomes but cannot find any in these patients.
- Cervical screening detects abnormalities which, if left untreated, could lead to cervical cancer.
- On rare occasions it has been associated with heart rhythm abnormalities and heart attacks.
- To allow comparison between sexes, X chromosome abnormalities were concurrently studied in women.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.