- Evidence that women used abortifacient herbs dates back to the Egyptians.
- From this, Meilander concludes that emergency contraception is more like contraception than abortifacient procedures.
- They emphasized that trichosanthin only has an abortifacient effect when injected.
- Parliament must have been aware of these methods and cannot have had in mind a process where abortifacient agents were administered by nurses.
- Traditional folk medicine offered recipes for abortifacient brews of aloes, pennyroyal, and extracts from wild juniper bushes that so poisoned or irritated the system that miscarriages occurred as a side effect.
- It's an essay that suggests that it's unethical to use oral contraceptives because of their abortifacient properties.
- He notes that the organization moved from opposing the abortifacient theory to a neutral position in 1999.
- The World Health Organization has put two abortifacient drugs on its list of essential medicines to offer an alternative to surgical methods that are often used in developing countries.
- The new label states: ‘Because of its abortifacient property, Cytotec is contraindicated for use by pregnant women.’
- McCrystal, 37, trained as a pharmacist but left his job in a Belfast pharmacy in 1993 because he felt he could no longer distribute contraceptive pills, believing them to be abortifacient.
- Large doses of ashwagandha may possess abortifacient properties so that it should not be taken during pregnancy unless under the direction of an experienced health professional.
- He asserts that two contraceptives - one of which, the IUD, is not much used in the United States - may on occasion have abortifacient properties.
- Large doses of ashwagandha may possess abortifacient properties; therefore, it should not be taken during pregnancy.
- Middle Eastern Unani medicine affirms its abortifacient properties.
- Some varieties of the pill cause more abortions and some less, but sooner or later all varieties are abortifacient.
- Claiming that the pill was an abortifacient, the board stated: ‘The proposed indication was deemed unacceptable and the company voluntarily withdrew the application.’
- Because it is reputed to affect the menstrual cycle and to be an abortifacient, its use in pregnancy and lactation is to be avoided.
- This article led to repeated efforts to prohibit the distribution of all forms of modern contraceptive methods on the grounds that they were abortifacients.
- Section 59 criminalizes the supply and procuring of abortifacients or instruments for use in unlawful abortions.
- Many people think the Pill is simply a preventative measure, but it does also act as an abortifacient.
- Pro-life groups opposed to the referendum claim that a ‘yes’ vote will allow the use of abortifacients such as the morning-after pill and the IUD.
- Anti-abortion activists have always claimed that the morning-after pill is an abortifacient as it can work by preventing the implantation of an embryo.
- Wertheimer acknowledges this in the statement, ‘Some individuals may consider these hormones to be abortifacients if they interfere with implantation.’
- In Biblical times sticks and dubious herbal abortifacients were used in attempted abortions, yet the Bible does not consider this as important enough to even address.
- She's worried that his anti-abortion stance will endanger the future availability of abortifacients as over the counter medication, and the future of RU - 486 to be used for other purposes.
- In pre-revolutionary Vietnam, knowledge of abortifacients did exist, but historical sources indicate that induced abortion was considered an immoral act.
- Yet knowledge of the peacock flower and its use as an abortifacient remained confined, by and large, to the slave camps and backwoods villages of the New World colonies.
- Major abortifacients used include infusions from herbs, leaves of special shrubs, plant roots, and the bark of some trees.
- Toting a satchel containing lye soap, a grater, and a red-rubber hose, she visits their dingy apartments, where she administers a toxic abortifacient.
- Mifepristone has been tested for safety and efficacy and approved in 11 European nations, where an estimated 500,000 women have used it as an abortifacient.
- Many chemists had their own mixtures of herbal abortifacients.
- Several so-called contraceptive herbs are actually abortifacients and can be dangerous.
- After two years they had a file of the names of approximately 10,000 women who had sent for these abortifacients.
- It answers my question on the availability of data that shows that the Pill is an abortifacient - in short there isn't any.
- Whether normal oral contraceptives work as abortifacients (that is, whether they prevent implantation as well as preventing fertilization) has been a matter of some debate.