In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(termination of pregnancy)(provocado) aborto masculine(clinic/rate) (before noun) de abortosto have an abortion — abortar
- to perform an abortion — practicar un aborto
- abortion laws — leyes sobre el aborto
- Healthcare professionals may use the term termination of pregnancy or just termination to describe an abortion.
- She wished to end her pregnancy, but abortion was illegal in Texas except in cases of extreme danger to the mother.
- He was also a staunch opponent of contraception, euthanasia and abortion.
- The Institute has also argued against abortion, euthanasia and human cloning.
- Let us keep the backyard abortionist out and legalised abortion in as a human right.
- Apart from pregnancies, levels of abortion have also been on the increase.
- This may have heightened its profile but it will take a lot longer to tell if it has any impact on rates of abortion and teenage pregnancy.
- This bill targets the very same services that are working to reduce abortion and unplanned pregnancy rates.
- Some countries recognise abortion when pregnancy results from rape or incest, or when there is a high probability of foetal impairment.
- In a number of African countries, local laws and values permit abortion if a pregnancy threatens a woman's health.
- She thought she might start volunteering at the clinic that performed her abortion in 2001.
- Leigh steers clear of the religious dimension, arguing that abortion is a human moral dilemma, not a religious conundrum.
- Where abortion is performed in unsafe circumstances these complications are common and have serious consequences.
- Women in the first trimester of pregnancy who were undergoing medical abortion were the participants.
- His party is a call to arms for God-fearing Christians and opposes abortion, human embryo research and euthanasia.
- One out of four pregnancies and half of all unintended pregnancies end in abortion.
- The motion asks that rates of teenage pregnancies, abortions and sexually transmitted infections are also revealed.
- Although it is a Christian organisation, it does not promote any particular moral line on pregnancy or abortion.
- Their pregnancies led to 10 births, four abortions, and one miscarriage.
- But it can help prevent that unwanted pregnancy, that abortion, or that misguided marriage which ends in divorce.
- My introduction to advertising came to consist of thinking up such abortions as banana creme topping.
- He didn't bring up one single argument in respect to the abortion of a budget that was tabled this year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.