In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1píldora abortiva feminine
- The move follows a dispute over the growing use in Italy of the abortion pill, Mifepristone.
- In the first nine weeks of pregnancy the abortion pill may be used.
- On Thursday the US Food and Drug Administration approved the abortion pill RU - 486, which has been on the market for years in Britain, France, China and other countries.
- As more women opt for medical terminations, using the abortion pill, rather than surgical abortions, nurses in gynaecology wards are more involved in the treatment.
- And the abortion pill Mifepristone, also known as RU - 486, must now carry a strong warning that it can cause serious infections, bleeding, and tubal pregnancies, says the FDA.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.