1rappel masculineto do abseiling — hacer rappel
- He has since done a charity abseil down the side of Manchester City's Kippax Stand and tried hang-gliding, power-gliding, jet-skiing, fire-eating and a two-mile tandem sky drop.
- I am petrified of heights and last year did an abseil which I found really scary.
- I was sort of looking forward to the abseil, although I was dreading it a bit as well and was a bit scared.
- The trip was made possible after the group raised more than £18,000, with the help of local businesses, and their own initiatives, such as an abseil from the top of Horwich Fire Station.
- She said: ‘It was a combination of believing in the cause and wanting to do something that made me have a go at the abseil.’
- Phase one began with a morning abseil down a 45m cylinder at Brisbane's Mount Crosby water treatment facility, followed by rafting in the afternoon.
- For the daredevils out there, the charity is also organising a sponsored abseil, with the nearest taking place in Sheffield on the weekend of October 13-14.
- Abseiling at the Europa: A number of locals took part in a sponsored abseil from the roof of the Europa Hotel, Belfast on Saturday last.
- The instructor who assisted her on the way down said that she did a textbook abseil.
- The Trust, which supports children's healthcare across the North West, has raised more than £5 million since its creation and is hoping the abseil will become a major annual event.
- Mrs Swift has completed eight parachute jumps and numerous abseils and did her last freefall in July at the age of 83.
- She said after the abseil: ‘It was great going down because there were people waving to me at every window.’
- I've taken lots of challenges during my radio life but have not done an abseil before.
- The Jervis Bay area provided plenty of scope for rough paddling, crazy downhill mountain biking, challenging navigation and even an abseil with bikes!
- Other forthcoming events planned to raise cash for the appeal include a sponsored abseil on May 1 from the 100 ft high WH Smith building in Greenbridge.
- It was a refreshing change from the office and I tagged along as the team spent the next seven hours setting up anchor systems and despatching members off into pools of freezing water, with abseils ranging from seven to 65m.
- The abseil was completed, but we suffered a 30-minute delay due to the abseiling staff pointing us in the wrong direction at the bottom.
- We climbed back up the cliff face then strapped into our harnesses for the abseil.
- The caving expedition commenced with an abseil into the Elder cave system then through a gap (the first of many) which looked barely big enough to fit through the battery pack for the head lamps, let alone a whole person.
- The abseil is to raise funds for Cancer Research UK, which hopes to raise £15,000 for research into breast cancer.