In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ausentismo masculineabsentismo masculine Spain
- Whatever the reason, the continual absenteeism of legislators is a serious matter.
- Employees in buildings with healthy interiors have less absenteeism and tend to stay in their jobs longer.
- The streets were all but empty throughout the day and apparently there was a high level of absenteeism.
- Among children, asthma is a leading cause of hospitalization, chronic disease, and school absenteeism.
- Councillors warned staff in the department that absenteeism had become unacceptable and the work may be contracted out to private agencies.
- They have 27 people in the company now, with virtually no absenteeism.
- Many African children would benefit from lower absenteeism among school teachers.
- Sandy Needham, chief executive of Bradford Chamber of Commerce, said absenteeism tended to be higher in the public sector.
- In general, schools with higher levels of deprivation had higher levels of absenteeism.
- The taxi strike has badly affected local industries which are experiencing absenteeism and punctuality problems.
- Poor teamwork seems to contribute more to doctors' absenteeism than overwork or low job control.
- The council's personnel committee was asked to note the scheme's impact on absenteeism and discuss what action should be taken after the pilot.
- People who exercise regularly generally have a lower rate of absenteeism and require less health care.
- Mr Delaney said absenteeism has been minimal with the vast majority turning up for work earlier so they could finish at lunchtime.
- Several speakers pointed out the problems posed to business by absenteeism.
- You should keep records of absences and introduce a trigger mechanism that alerts you to look into regular absenteeism and the reasons for it.
- The survey by the Small Firms Association also showed different levels of absenteeism between regions.
- As part of the crackdown against absenteeism, the parents of persistent truants have been threatened with tougher fines and jail sentences.
- Some firms have already implemented the scheme and found it has substantially reduced short term absenteeism, according to the survey.
- Teachers who exceed the agreed level of absenteeism should have a day's pay deducted for each absence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.