- Gareth was holding my hands, absently brushing his thumbs back and forth like he always does.
- I stare absently at the pattern of the fabric on the seats, an angular blur of red, grey and blue.
- He sat up and looked at her, absently tapping the edge of the piano keys without making a sound.
- She was absently chewing her bottom lip and her eyes stared blankly into space.
- He kicked it absently as he made his way to the entrance, his arms folded over his torso, his teeth chattering from the biting cold.