In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mayoría absoluta feminine
- Greater governmental stability was achieved when the Partido Social Democrata won absolute majorities in 1987 and 1991 and the minority PS government elected in 1995 retained its popularity.
- With more than three quarters of the vote counted in the first round of the Indonesian presidential elections, no candidate has achieved an absolute majority.
- The Knesset could, in a no-confidence vote by an absolute majority of its members, oust the prime minister and her or his government.
- However, even this four-party coalition is not enough for an absolute majority.
- The UMP has an absolute majority in the country's National Assembly.
- This gravitational pull on the media has been further reinforced by the instability and volatility of the Scottish Parliament, where no single party commands an absolute majority.
- This latest ballot was necessary after both candidates failed to win an absolute majority in the first ballot held two weeks ago.
- For many years, the SPD was able to achieve an absolute majority in the Ruhr, the former heartland of steel and coal production, in which five million people still live.
- Now enjoying an absolute majority, the PP government believes it no longer needs such social pacts.
- In the parliamentary elections in June of this year the UMP won an absolute majority and has since formed the government.
- Thus, the Republican candidate failed to win an absolute majority.
- For all of these, an absolute majority (half of all members plus one) has to vote in favour for the Parliament's voice to be heard.
- In a confidence vote last week, the Labour-Progressive Government won an absolute majority of support.
- The conservative Christian Democratic Party gained 12 percent and came close to an absolute majority.
- In the presidential race, however, a candidate must garner an absolute majority to win office, by holding a second round if necessary.
- An absolute majority will say yes to this progressive legislation.
- Yes, but, your Honour, in the Upper House in the Legislative Council there was a majority but not an absolute majority.
- An absolute majority of RMT members voted for strikes.
- In 1985, it won an absolute majority, enabling the party's candidate at the time, Oskar Lafontaine, to become state prime minister.
- Just months after its triumphal takeover of the Turkish parliament with an absolute majority the AKP faces crisis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.